School of Clay Arts is a Singapore-based ceramic studio.
Dedicated to stimulating critical and creative applications of craft and material knowledge, we hope our programmes and approaches would prove to be a provoking, productive basis to all who share our interest in the ways of using tools, organizing work, thinking about materials that provide alternative, viable proposals on how to conduct life with skill.
Our classes are structured to contexualise and inform on the basis of pottery-making, while encouraging students to explore and express themselves through creative applications of fundamental techniques.
Our projects arm <@socasg> aims to explore and articulate the nuances and sensibilities of contemporary Singapore Ceramics through a design based framework and collaborative practice. We strive to uphold excellent artisanal standards, responsible production and supportive partnerships.
Our long-standing clients include Cloudstreet, Danshari Coffee (Vietnam) Apartment Coffee, Our Second Nature, Garibaldi Italian Restaurant & Bar, DREAM/ProofLiving amongst others private commissions.
Selected Clientele (Pottery Workshops)
- Facebook Singapore
- SIA Engineering Co.
- General Assembly Singapore
- Citibank Singapore
- JP Morgan
- Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
- Apartment Coffee
- SOMOS Summer Camp
- Western Digital Corporation
- Somerset Capital Management
- Paya Lebar Methodist Girls' School
- St Anthony's Canossian Secondary School
- Calvary Baptist Church
- People's Association Singapore
- Cake Theatre
- The Northern Trust Company
- LGA Telecom
- Eliot Partnership
- LGA Telecom
- Pottery Fundamentals: Handbuilding
- An Introduction to Throwing on the Potter's Wheel
- An Introduction to Mold-Making & Slip-Casting (By Request Only - Min 4 pax)
Workshops On Demand
Services & Retail
- Studio Membership
- Ceramics by @socasg
- Japanese Pottery Tools
- Shimpo Banding Wheels
Paya Lebar/ Macpherson Location
10 Ubi Cres, Ubi Techpark Lobby B #07-33 Singapore 408564
By Public Transport:
- Train to MacPherson MRT (CCL). Take Bus 63 or 63M from EXIT A of MacPherson MRT. Alight 4 stops later when you see KOPITIAM
- 10 mins walk from Ubi MRT (DTL)
There is ample parking available within UBI TECHPARK.
Call 9177.5764 or email email@example.com
Open By Appointment Only