School of Clay Arts (SO-CA) is a Singapore-based ceramic studio.
Dedicated to stimulating critical and creative application of craft and material knowledge, we hope that our programmes and approches would prove to be a provoking, productive basis for those who share our interest in the future of craft and craft education.
COURSES & WORKSHOPS
- Pottery Courses (Beginners' Handbuilding, Advance Beginners' Handbuilding & Beginners' Wheel Throwing)
- One Day Pottery (Handbuilding or Potter's Wheel)
- Mold-Making Course
- Clay Art Workshop for Schools & Private Groups
RETAIL & SERVICES
- Singapore-made Artisan Tableware
- Japanese Pottery Tools
- Imported Japanese Clay
- Made-to-Order Plaster Board and Molds
- Bisque, Mid & High Temperature Kiln Firing
- Studio Usage
- NO POTTER'S WHEEL TRIALS FROM 2 OCT - 11 NOV 2017
- STUDIO WILL BE CLOSED 20 OCT - 3 NOV 2017
Our Core Programmes
Have a go on the potter's wheel and learn to create simple tableware such as a cup, a saucer or a cereal bowl. A therapeutic creative activity, our trial classes are structured to minimise instructor's assistance and encourage personal exploration and expression.
A four weeks course that serves to contextualize the basics of pottery-making through hand-building and glazing techniques. This is recommended for those who wish to work as an independent potter in the long-run.
Speciality Workshops (NEW!)
Opening up great potential for creative expressions, mold-making is an essential technology often employed in industrial production for making multiples. This two-part workshop offers an introduction to the world of mold-making and slip-casting for the absolute beginner.
Paya Lebar/ Macpherson Location
10 Ubi Cres, Ubi Techpark Lobby B #07-33 Singapore 408564
By Public Transport:
- Train to MacPherson MRT (CCL). Take Bus 63 or 63M from EXIT A of MacPherson MRT. Alight 4 stops later when you see KOPITIAM