Covid-19 Updates (Phase 2)
- Studio Membership is available to those who have taken a course with us. Open studio hours are Tues, Wed and Sat 11AM - 4PM, Sun 2PM - 5PM only. Firing of works is charged separately at SGD 28 per kg of twice fired object(s).
- We accept private bookings (min 4 pax) of our <Intro to Pottery> workshops. Upcoming <Intro to Pottery> workshops are now available for booking (Max 7 Pax).
- <Pottery Fundamentals: Handbuilding> beginners' course is available for booking. We are full for 2020. Course Schedule for 2021 is now available for booking (Jan - Mar 2021). Please book your slots early to avoid disappointment.
- <An Introduction to Throwing on the Potter's Wheel> is now renamed as < Wheel Throwing Foundations> . While this is a beginners' course, it is targetted at students with prior experience working with clay and wish to learn how to throw and turn effectively on the potter's wheel. This is a demanding and fast-paced course. Course Schedule for 2021 is now available for booking (Jan and Mar 2021).
- Our current studio offerings <Pottery Fundamentals: Handbuilding>, <Intro to Pottery> and <Wheel Throwing Foundations> are not suitable for kids.
- All our classes are NOT SkillsFuture claimable.
- Due to the volume of enquries we are receiving at the moment, we will prioritise responding to queries related to what we are currently offering. We may not respond to special requests.
School of Clay Arts is a Singapore-based ceramic studio specialising in pottery classes for beginners.
Dedicated to stimulating critical and creative applications of craft and material knowledge, we hope our programmes and approaches would prove to be a provoking, productive basis to all who share our interest in analog processes and the future of skills-based work.
Our classes are structured to contexualise and inform on the basis of pottery-making, while encouraging students to explore and express themselves through creative applications of fundamental techniques.
Best suited for ages 13 and above.
Our projects arm <@socasg> aims to explore and articulate the nuances and sensibilities of contemporary Singapore Ceramics through a design based framework and collaborative practice. We strive to uphold excellent artisanal standards, responsible production and supportive partnerships.
Our long-standing clients include Cloudstreet Restaurant, Meta Restaurant, Danshari Coffee (Vietnam), Grass Mountain Coffee (Taiwan), Apartment Coffee, Our Second Nature, Garibaldi Italian Restaurant & Bar, DREAM/ProofLiving amongst others private commissions.
Selected Clientele (Pottery Workshops)
- Facebook Singapore
- SIA Engineering Co.
- General Assembly Singapore
- Citibank Singapore
- JP Morgan
- Ministry of Finance
- Bartle Bogle Hegarty Singapore
- Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
- Apartment Coffee
- SOMOS Summer Camp
- Jabil Singapore
- Western Digital Corporation
- Somerset Capital Management
- Paya Lebar Methodist Girls' School
- St Anthony's Canossian Secondary School
- Calvary Baptist Church
- People's Association Singapore
- Cake Theatre
- The Northern Trust Company
- LGA Telecom
- Eliot Partnership
- LGA Telecom
Beginners' Courses (4 weeks)
- Pottery Fundamentals: Handbuilding
- An Introduction to Throwing on the Potter's Wheel
One-Time Classes/ Workshops
- Intro to Pottery Workshop
- Private Booking for events (family gatherings, birthday parties, bridal showers...etc)
- Corporate Team-Building
- Community Co-Creation Projects
- Kids Holiday Pottery Bootcamp
- Ceramic Curriculum Consultation and Training for Education Partners
Services & Retail
- Studio Membership
- Ceramics by @socasg
- Japanese Pottery Tools
- Shimpo Banding Wheels
Paya Lebar/ Macpherson Location
10 Ubi Cres, Ubi Techpark Lobby B #07-33 Singapore 408564
By Public Transport:
- Train to MacPherson MRT (CCL). Take Bus 63 or 63M from EXIT A of MacPherson MRT. Alight 4 stops later when you see KOPITIAM
- 10 mins walk from Ubi MRT (DTL)
There is ample parking available within UBI TECHPARK.
Call 9177.5764 or email email@example.com
Open By Appointment Only