Covid-19 Updates (Phase 3)
- <Intro to Pottery> is a one-time workshop that aims to support complete beginners or anyone who would like to learn more about the soca approach of working effectively and well with clay. <Intro to Pottery> takes place Wednesdays and Sundays, 11AM - 130PM. We accept private bookings (min 4 pax) for alternative dates/timings subject to the studio's availability.
- <Pottery Fundamentals: Handbuilding> Beginners' Course Schedule for MARCH - MAY 2021 is now available for booking. Please book your slots early to avoid disappointment. We accept a maximum of 7 students a batch.
- < Wheel Throwing Foundations> is a beginners' course targetted at students with prior experience working with clay and wish to learn how to throw and turn effectively on the potter's wheel. This is a demanding and fast-paced course. MAY and JULY 2021 Course Schedule is now available for booking. We accept a maximum of 4 students a batch.
- Our current studio offerings <Pottery Fundamentals: Handbuilding>, <Intro to Pottery> and <Wheel Throwing Foundations> are not suitable for kids.
- All our classes are NOT SkillsFuture claimable.
- Due to the volume of enquries we are receiving at the moment, we will prioritise responding to queries related to what we are currently offering. We may not respond to special requests.
- Studio access is currently available on Tuesdays (11AM - 2PM), Wednesdays (11AM - 2PM), Saturdays (11AM - 2PM or 2PM - 5PM) and Sundays (2PM - 5PM). This is suited for those who require a functional ceramic studio space to practice.
School of Clay Arts is a ceramic studio with a strong focus on conducting pottery classes for beginners.
We make learning to work with clay accessible through functional pottery.
Dedicated to stimulating critical and creative applications of craft and material knowledge, we hope the soca approach would prove to be a provoking, productive basis to all who share our interest in analog processes and the future of skills-based work.
Our classes are structured to contexualise and inform on the basis of pottery-making, while encouraging students to explore and express themselves through creative applications of fundamental techniques.
Best suited for ages 13 and above.
Our projects arm <@socasg> aims to explore and articulate the nuances and sensibilities of contemporary Singapore Ceramics through a design based framework and collaborative practice. We strive to uphold excellent artisanal standards, responsible production and supportive partnerships.
Our long-standing clients include Cloudstreet Restaurant, Meta Restaurant, Danshari Coffee (Vietnam), Grass Mountain Coffee (Taiwan), Apartment Coffee, Our Second Nature, Garibaldi Italian Restaurant & Bar, DREAM/ProofLiving amongst others private commissions.
Selected Clientele (Pottery Workshops)
- Facebook Singapore
- SIA Engineering Co.
- General Assembly Singapore
- Citibank Singapore
- Singapore Art Museum
- JP Morgan
- Ministry of Finance
- Bartle Bogle Hegarty Singapore
- Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
- Apartment Coffee
- SOMOS Summer Camp
- Jabil Singapore
- Western Digital Corporation
- Somerset Capital Management
- Paya Lebar Methodist Girls' School
- St Anthony's Canossian Secondary School
- Calvary Baptist Church
- People's Association Singapore
- Cake Theatre
- The Northern Trust Company
- LGA Telecom
- Eliot Partnership
- LGA Telecom
Beginners' Courses (4 weeks)
- Pottery Fundamentals: Handbuilding
- An Introduction to Throwing on the Potter's Wheel
One-Time Classes/ Workshops
- Intro to Pottery Workshop
- Private Booking for events (family gatherings, birthday parties, bridal showers...etc)
- Corporate Team-Building
- Community Co-Creation Projects
- Kids Holiday Pottery Bootcamp
- Ceramic Curriculum Consultation and Training for Education Partners
Services & Retail
- Studio Membership
- Ceramics by @socasg
- Japanese Pottery Tools
- Shimpo Banding Wheels
Paya Lebar/ Macpherson Location
10 Ubi Cres, Ubi Techpark Lobby B #07-33 Singapore 408564
By Public Transport:
- Train to MacPherson MRT (CCL). Take Bus 63 or 63M from EXIT A of MacPherson MRT. Alight 4 stops later when you see KOPITIAM
- 10 mins walk from Ubi MRT (DTL)
There is ample parking available within UBI TECHPARK.
Call 9177.5764 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Open By Appointment Only