Latest Covid-19 Updates (as of 3rd Jan 2022)
- We have resumed <Pottery Fundamentals>, <Intro To Pottery - BOWL> and <Studio Access/ Studio Membership> . All our classes remain a mask-on activity.
- Our <Intro to Pottery - Bowl> is a one-time 2.5 hours workshop suitable for anyone with or without pottery experience. The aim of this workshop is to guide participants on how to work more confidently and comfortably with clay to craft a vessel object through a bowl-making exercise. We are only accepting private group bookings (min 4 pax) at the moment. All participants are required to maintain their masks on during our workshop. Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your booking.
- <Pottery Fundamentals> has been redesigned as a 20 hours, 8 lessons in-studio essential course for any serious learner. We accept only 6 students per batch to explore each individual's personal creative engagement with clay.
- All our classes are NOT SkillsFuture claimable.
- <Studio Access/ Studio Membership> is available on Wednesdays (130PM - 430PM), Saturdays (230PM - 530PM) and Sundays (2PM - 5PM) at the moment. A one-time Studio Access is SGD 60. We also offer a one-month Studio Membership (4 sessions) for SGD 180. Our Studio Access is for those who require a functional ceramic studio space to practice. We can comfortably host a maximum of 7 students per Studio slot. Booking is Mandatory.
School of Clay Arts is a ceramic studio with a strong focus on conducting pottery classes as a practice and the development of the self.
We are here to guide those who wish to deepen their understanding of pottery as a craft and work better with clay.
You will find beginners-friendly as well as intermediate classes that supports each individual's pottery journey according to their personal motivation and self-development interests.
We hope the soca approach would prove to be a provoking, productive basis to all who share our interest in analog processes and the future of skills-based work.
Pottery Fundamentals is designed for any learner (with or without prior experience) who is interested to experience pottery as a craft practice that can offer us the development of the self while deepening our understanding of the physical materiality of clay and glazes that we work with. Students are always encouraged to explore creative and personal expressions of working through clay.
Best suited for ages 18 and above.
Our projects arm <@socasg> aims to explore and articulate the nuances and sensibilities of contemporary Singapore Ceramics through a design based framework and collaborative practice. We strive to uphold excellent artisanal standards, responsible production and supportive partnerships.
Our long-standing clients include Cloudstreet Restaurant, Meta Restaurant, Danshari Coffee (Vietnam), Grass Mountain Coffee (Taiwan), Apartment Coffee, Our Second Nature, Garibaldi Italian Restaurant & Bar, DREAM/ProofLiving amongst others private commissions.
Selected Clientele (Pottery Workshops)
- Facebook Singapore
- SIA Engineering Co.
- General Assembly Singapore
- Citibank Singapore
- Singapore Art Museum
- JP Morgan
- Ministry of Finance
- Bartle Bogle Hegarty Singapore
- Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
- Apartment Coffee
- SOMOS Summer Camp
- Jabil Singapore
- Western Digital Corporation
- Somerset Capital Management
- Paya Lebar Methodist Girls' School
- St Anthony's Canossian Secondary School
- Calvary Baptist Church
- People's Association Singapore
- Cake Theatre
- The Northern Trust Company
- LGA Telecom
- Eliot Partnership
- LGA Telecom
Online/ External Venue Offerings
- Intro to Pottery Workshop
- Private Booking for events (family gatherings, birthday parties, bridal showers...etc)
- Corporate Team-Building
- Community Co-Creation Projects
- Kids Holiday Pottery Bootcamp
- Ceramic Curriculum Consultation and Training for Education Partners
Paya Lebar/ Macpherson Location
10 Ubi Cres, Ubi Techpark Lobby B #07-33 Singapore 408564
By Public Transport:
- Train to MacPherson MRT (CCL). Take Bus 63 or 63M from EXIT A of MacPherson MRT. Alight 4 stops later when you see KOPITIAM
- 10 mins walk from Ubi MRT (DTL)
There is ample parking available within UBI TECHPARK.
Call 9177.5764 or email email@example.com
Open By Appointment Only