Covid-19 Updates (Phase 2)
- We are open for studio membership. Open studio hours are Tues, Wed and Sat 11AM - 2PM only.
- We accept private bookings (min 4 pax) of our <Intro to Pottery> workshops. Upcoming <Intro to Pottery> workshops are now available for booking (Max 6 Pax).
- <Pottery Fundamentals: Handbuilding> beginners' course is available for booking. We are accepting our last intake of the year 21st, 28th Nov, 5th & 12th Dec. Saturdays. 2PM - 4PM
- <An Introduction to Throwing on the Potter's Wheel> is now renamed as < Wheel Throwing Foundations> . While this is a beginners' course, it is targetted at students with prior experience working with clay and wish to learn how to throw and turn effectively on the potter's wheel. This is a demanding and fast-paced course. Our next course is scheduled on 4th, 11th, 18th & 25th Oct. Sundays. 2PM - 5PM *min 3pax to start a class
- Due to the limited studio capacity and the continued need ensure sufficient distance between each participant, we have phased out our <1 Hour Pinchpottery for 2 pax>. Thank you for the understanding. Stay healthy and be safe.
- All our classes are NOT SkillsFuture claimable.
School of Clay Arts is a Singapore-based ceramic studio specialising in pottery classes for beginners.
Dedicated to stimulating critical and creative applications of craft and material knowledge, we hope our programmes and approaches would prove to be a provoking, productive basis to all who share our interest in analog processes and the future of skills-based work.
Our classes are structured to contexualise and inform on the basis of pottery-making, while encouraging students to explore and express themselves through creative applications of fundamental techniques.
Our projects arm <@socasg> aims to explore and articulate the nuances and sensibilities of contemporary Singapore Ceramics through a design based framework and collaborative practice. We strive to uphold excellent artisanal standards, responsible production and supportive partnerships.
Our long-standing clients include Cloudstreet Restaurant, Meta Restaurant, Danshari Coffee (Vietnam), Grass Mountain Coffee (Taiwan), Apartment Coffee, Our Second Nature, Garibaldi Italian Restaurant & Bar, DREAM/ProofLiving amongst others private commissions.
Selected Clientele (Pottery Workshops)
- Facebook Singapore
- SIA Engineering Co.
- General Assembly Singapore
- Citibank Singapore
- JP Morgan
- Ministry of Finance
- Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
- Apartment Coffee
- SOMOS Summer Camp
- Jabil Singapore
- Western Digital Corporation
- Somerset Capital Management
- Paya Lebar Methodist Girls' School
- St Anthony's Canossian Secondary School
- Calvary Baptist Church
- People's Association Singapore
- Cake Theatre
- The Northern Trust Company
- LGA Telecom
- Eliot Partnership
- LGA Telecom
- Pottery Fundamentals: Handbuilding
- An Introduction to Throwing on the Potter's Wheel
Workshops On Demand
- One-time Pottery Workshop
- Customised Private/Group Class (for gatherings, birthday parties, bridal showers ...)
- Corporate Team-Building
- Community Co-Creation Projects
- Clay Jamming for Events
- Ceramic Curriculum Consultation and Training for Education Partners
Services & Retail
- Studio Membership
- Ceramics by @socasg
- Japanese Pottery Tools
- Shimpo Banding Wheels
Paya Lebar/ Macpherson Location
10 Ubi Cres, Ubi Techpark Lobby B #07-33 Singapore 408564
By Public Transport:
- Train to MacPherson MRT (CCL). Take Bus 63 or 63M from EXIT A of MacPherson MRT. Alight 4 stops later when you see KOPITIAM
- 10 mins walk from Ubi MRT (DTL)
There is ample parking available within UBI TECHPARK.
Call 9177.5764 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Open By Appointment Only