School of Clay Arts (SOCA) est. 2016 is dedicated to developing the craft and practice of pottery that inspires and nurtures the human spirit to live closer to nature.
Less is more
We aim to equip all learners with the tools, habits, and strategies to cultivate a sustainable and enjoyable ceramic practice that also honour our environment and its finite resources.
To Teach and Share the Benefits of Creating with Clay Together
Pottery has always been a communal activity. We constantly strive to develop a robust and flexible teaching curriculum that empowers practising potters and learners to share their insights and experiences of crafting with clay with others.
To Develop Better Ceramics Teaching Curriculum and Methodologies For Schools and Hobbyists
We are motivated to improve and articulate ceramics materials and processes in an understandable and accessible way for all learners. Our classes and programmes are all unique in their rigorous approach and objectives-driven way that they give all learners who participate in them an impactful learning experience.
Not Bound by Conventions
- We are always looking for new ways to do things!
To Foster Greater Well-being in the Community
- We aim to provide a safe and non-judgemental space where learners can be comfortable to rediscover themselves, explore, fail, follow their curiosity, reflect and embrace their powerful Beginners' Mind!
- The timeless appeal of creating with clay has many therapeutic benefits for our mental and emotional resilience.
- We believe that the discipline and the non-instant gratification of the ceramics craft can bring more stability and balance in today's digital world.
Pottery Fundamentals is a highly structured and well designed 8 lessons curriculum to understand pottery as an embodied craft and skills-based practice. Pottery Fundamentals aim to clarify our understanding of the physical materiality of clay and glazes that we work with in constructing any ceramic form. Students are always encouraged to explore creative and personal expressions of working through clay. This course is suitable for the experienced and the absolute beginner. Limited to 6 pax per intake, 3 intakes a year.
Best suited for ages 17 and above.
Our studio founder <@socasg> has sought to explore and articulate the nuances and sensibilities of contemporary Singapore Ceramics through the lens of studio pottery and collaborative practices. As a studio, we strive to uphold excellent artisanal standards, responsible production and supportive partnerships.
Our long-standing clients include Cloudstreet Restaurant, Meta Restaurant, Danshari Coffee (Vietnam), Grass Mountain Coffee (Taiwan), Apartment Coffee, Our Second Nature, Garibaldi Italian Restaurant & Bar, DREAM/ProofLiving amongst others private commissions.
Selected Clientele (Pottery Workshops and Ceramics Curriculum Offerings)
- Facebook Singapore
- Raffles Institution
- Singapore Chinese Girls' School
- St Joseph's Institution
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Dell Technologies
- SIA Engineering Co.
- General Assembly Singapore
- Citibank Singapore
- Singapore Art Museum
- JP Morgan
- Ministry of Finance
- Bartle Bogle Hegarty Singapore
- Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
- Stamford American International School
- Sunflower Preschool @ Bedok
- IGG Singapore
- Pfizer Asia Manufacturing
- Apartment Coffee
- SOMOS Summer Camp
- Jabil Singapore
- Western Digital Corporation
- Somerset Capital Management
- Paya Lebar Methodist Girls' School
- St Anthony's Canossian Secondary School
- Calvary Baptist Church
- People's Association Singapore
- Cake Theatre
- The Northern Trust Company
- LGA Telecom
- Eliot Partnership
- LGA Telecom
UPCOMING COURSES / WORKSHOPS
- Pottery Fundamentals (Multi-Level)
- Wheel Throwing Foundations (Beginners)
- Wheel Throwing Immersion (Multi-Level)
- Private Ceramic Consultation/Guidance (Multi-Level)
- Pottery Experiences/ Workshops/Masterclasses (Multi-Level)
- Intro to Pottery Workshop (Private Bookings Available)
- Corporate Retreats
- Open Studio Access/ Studio Membership
Online/ External Venue Offerings
- Intro to Pottery Workshop
- Private Booking for events (family gatherings, birthday parties, bridal showers...etc)
- Corporate Team-Building
- Community Co-Creation Projects
- Kids Holiday Pottery Bootcamp
- Ceramic Curriculum Consultation and Training for Education Partners
BEAUTIFUL, BRIGHT & DISTRACTIONS-FREE CERAMIC STUDIO. HIDDEN IN UBI TECHPARK.
Ubi Techpark Lobby B #07-33 Singapore 408564
By Public Transport:
- Buses: 63, 63M, 137, 8, 22, 61, 65
- 10 mins walk from Ubi MRT (DTL) or 15 mins walk from MacPherson MRT
There is ample parking available within UBI TECHPARK.
Call 8831 4186 or email email@example.com
By Appointment Only